Practical Nurse TRAINing Program
Banquet Solutions Hawaii (BSH), in partnership with UNITE HERE! Local 5, Kaiser Permanente, Ben Hudnell Memorial trust Fund, Healthcare Association of Hawaii, and the University of Hawaii Community College System are offering a Practical Nurse Training Program.
Who can apply?
- This FREE program is open to current employees of Kaiser Permanente (on Oahu and Maui) who are interested in doing a Practical Nurse Training Program to become an LPN at Kaiser Permanente. Applicants should be from those classifications that have direct patient service experience (CNA’s, MA’s, Health Aides, etc.)
?What is the process
Step 1: Initial Screening
- Determine those that meet all or most of the pre-requisite course completion requirements (see classes below) from an approved educational institution, and those that do not meet any or only a handful of the pre-requisites
Who goes through?
Step 2: Review of Applicants
- A list of applicants who meet all or most of the pre-requisites will be sent to the University of Hawaii – Maui College for academic advising to ensure college credits are transferrable. Credits are then evaluated by BSH. Those who do not fulfill any course pre-requisite classes (or only fulfill a few) are encouraged to enroll in those classes in anticipation of applying for the 2025 PN Co-Hort.
Step 3: KP & Local 5 select applicants
- Once the list of applicants has been screened by the University of Hawaii – Maui College, Kaiser Permanente and UNITE HERE! Local 5 will select the 10 candidates for Oahu and 5 candidates for Maui. Selected applicants that have met all pre-requisites will register at UH Maui and are on hold until the program starts in January 2024
- Those still fulfilling course prerequisites will register at UH Maui and enroll in the PN Bridge program to enroll in missing courses for the Fall 2023 (online) semester
The CNA/MA Bridge to PN Program is a Spring-only entry. Classes (Online and on Zoom), labs, and clinical experiences are offered three days out of the week to accommodate work schedules. Please review the video below for more specifics. Seats are limited to 10.
Nurs 111 – Fully Online
Nurs 110T – 1 hour live zoom, 3 hours pre-recorded lectures per week
Nurs 110L – 1 hour live zoom, 3 hours online modules per week
Nurs 110C – 1 prep day (3 hours) and 2 clinical days (6 hours) according to clinical schedule.
(Video outlining program information)
Register your info below and our associates will reach out to you to assist with the next steps in the process!